The American Legion, Post 15
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE PAPERS.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to the Post 15 Membership Committee:
1. Completed membership application for The American Legion. (Applications are available at Club 15)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE PAPERS. (Click on the DD-214 button at the bottom of the page to apply for lost or missing DD-214 or separation papers.)
3. Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to Post 15.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
Veterans applying for transfers from their current Post to Post 15 must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE PAPERS.
3. COPY OF CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
4. Membership dues payment if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
With the passage of the American Legion Act on July 30th, 2019, membership in The American Legion is based on honorable service with the U.S. Armed Forces from December 7th, 1941 until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States. The applicant must have served at least one day of active service during this time frame.